#1 becky213

becky213

Accepted Immigrant

• Out Of Town
  • 206 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hey everybody, ya'll must think I took off on an expedition to Africa or something with the way I've been gone around here. I've been so busy and had some issues that have kept me, but it's sure good to be back!!

I found these quite a while ago, but never got around to posting them on here. I, for some reason, thought they were already posted on here, but alas! they weren't.

These are a series of online chats a couple fans did with Jessica in from 1997-1998, right around the time she was filming and finishing DQ.

It gives you a real look at the things Jessica was doing from her own perspective and she talks about her hobbies, likes... etc.

so, here's the link if any of you are interested!:
http://dqfan.tripod.com/jesschat.html

and if that doesn't work,
here is the main page, just scroll and click " chat" under Jessica's pic.
http://dqfan.tripod....sicabowman.html
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Kruemi

Kruemi

Town's Gumshoe

• Moderators
  • 6,834 posts
  • 161 topics
  • LocationLützen

Current mood: Busy

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

You have been robbed :gilda: ??
It's great to have you back :)!! You gave us a lot to read - I was astonished that Jessica Bowman was still so young (16) even close to the end of the show. She sure looked older ;) - maybe it was the *college style* of her hair :clueless: .

Love all, trust few, do wrong to none. - Shakespeare

#3 becky213

becky213

Accepted Immigrant

• Out Of Town
  • 206 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:05 PM

You have been robbed :gilda: ??
It's great to have you back :)!! You gave us a lot to read - I was astonished that Jessica Bowman was still so young (16) even close to the end of the show. She sure looked older ;) - maybe it was the *college style* of her hair :clueless: .

hey Kruemi!! thank you so much! I'm glad to be back so so much. I was robbed a LONG time ago, before I was gone for so long.
Yes, I know! it IS a ton to read, but for some reason I found it interesting, and kept on going.
She was very young and that's what made me think how awkward it must've been for a 16 yr old girl to be kissing Brandon Douglas ( at whatever age he was). JUST weird. :)

It was probably harder for her than it was him.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Kruemi

Kruemi

Town's Gumshoe

• Moderators
  • 6,834 posts
  • 161 topics
  • LocationLützen

Current mood: Busy

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

She was very young and that's what made me think how awkward it must've been for a 16 yr old girl to be kissing Brandon Douglas ( at whatever age he was). JUST weird.

Total agreement here. Her young age might also be the reason why I could never detect any chemistry/sparks between them ;) .

Love all, trust few, do wrong to none. - Shakespeare

#5 becky213

becky213

Accepted Immigrant

• Out Of Town
  • 206 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

She was very young and that's what made me think how awkward it must've been for a 16 yr old girl to be kissing Brandon Douglas ( at whatever age he was). JUST weird.

Total agreement here. Her young age might also be the reason why I could never detect any chemistry/sparks between them ;) .

You hit the nail on the head! That's what I feel like too, don't get me wrong, I like both of them as actors and people, but I didn't "feel" anything when watching their performances. They didn't have an instant connection, where I knew they were supposed to be together.
But really, wonder why they got someone so much older for Andrew? ( wasn't he about 27 or so?? still, I think Jessica did well for having that barrier to work over.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 martina

martina

VIP-Townie

• Out Of Town
  • 813 posts
  • 14 topics

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

Full agreement with all what has been already said here.

wasn't he about 27 or so?? still, I think Jessica did well for having that barrier to work over.

Brandon was born in 1968, so he was even 29 years old. Almost twice as old as Jessica.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 becky213

becky213

Accepted Immigrant

• Out Of Town
  • 206 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

Full agreement with all what has been already said here.

wasn't he about 27 or so?? still, I think Jessica did well for having that barrier to work over.

Brandon was born in 1968, so he was even 29 years old. Almost twice as old as Jessica.

uh... Gee Manetti! that's a pretty big age difference. I was watching one of their kissing scenes, I think when they were outside S&M's homestead sitting down, and it looks SO awkward, because Andrew seems unsure of where to put his hand when they're kissing and at first he almost goes under her arm and nearly touches her chest, then he kind of has a hand spasm ( haha) and puts his arm on top of hers. It's a bit uncomfortable. But that's crazy, that he was 29.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 cooperkids

cooperkids

VIP-Townie

• Advanced Members
  • 874 posts
  • 49 topics

Current mood: Procrastinating

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

That explains a lot. Twelve years isn't a big gap between adults, but between a teenager and a man, it sure is.

#9 becky213

becky213

Accepted Immigrant

• Out Of Town
  • 206 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:22 AM

That explains a lot. Twelve years isn't a big gap between adults, but between a teenager and a man, it sure is.

total agreement there!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Sully´s Hatchet

Sully´s Hatchet

Townie

• Out Of Town
  • 216 posts
  • 4 topics
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Oh wow. No wonder they always seemed a little frigid to me together. This reminds me of my other fave show, Party of Five, where Scott Wolf + Jennifer Love Hewitt are about as far apart in years... but their chemistry was much better IMO.

I remember she was a guest on Loveline (radio show with Adam Corolla, for some reason I think co-host Dr.Drew was out that night) sometime around 1999 or 2000... she was REAL quiet though, and didn't really talk about Dr.Quinn from what I remember. Adam just talked through the whole show like he usually does. I think she was promoting Joy Ride. I saw the movie then was pissed that she was only in it for like 5 minutes.

Well, apart from the movie Derailed about 10 years ago and Joy Ride even before that, I haven't seen her lately... I hope our Jessica has a happy private life away from all us rabid fans.

My loss; she sure was easy on the eyes!

#11 tsonglamar

tsonglamar

Immigrant

• Out Of Town
  • 130 posts
  • 1 topics

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:39 AM

Hmm ... I always liked Jessica Bowman as Colleen ... didn't notice any problems with her scenes with Brandon Douglas as Andrew ...

#12 KatieSully

KatieSully

Advanced Guest

• Out Of Town
  • 75 posts
  • 9 topics

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

I know how hard it was when Erika Flores left the show suddenly but I'm wondering; what's up with the Jessica hate? I've seen it all over the web. DId I miss something? Is she a difficult person or is it just because people missed Erika?  :confused:

I love Erika, but I don't hate Jessica either. Can someone explain?

Colleen Cooper: Father? Sully is my father! 

#13 becky213

becky213

Accepted Immigrant

• Out Of Town
  • 206 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

someone has actually uploaded Jessica's old lifetime movie " Someone to love me" to youtube, if anyone wanted to see any more from her, this was probably her only other claim to fame besides DQ. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 becky213

becky213

Accepted Immigrant

• Out Of Town
  • 206 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

where did you see that? I mean where did it look like Jessica was difficult?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 KatieSully

KatieSully

Advanced Guest

• Out Of Town
  • 75 posts
  • 9 topics

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

IDK that she is. To me she actually seems sweet. It's just that people always keep saying that people keep saying that Erika is the the only Colleen  to them. I like them both. I just wondered of people knew something I'd somehow missed.

Colleen Cooper: Father? Sully is my father! 

#16 Key-Tee

Key-Tee

Town's Storyteller

• Advanced Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • 13 topics
  • LocationWroclaw

Current mood: Bookworm

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Well, I'm one of that people :slapthigh: And I think Colleen played by Erika was stronger and more interesting person than Colleen by Jessica - maybe it's beacuse of the script but if I have to be honest: I really don't care :) I like Erika more. That's it. If someone likes Jessica more or like both of them - that's also great. Fortunately, here, on this forum, we can share our opinion with no judging :thumbup2:

Edited by Key-Tee, 04 February 2013 - 01:38 PM.

graces_quiz_banner_2013_key-tee_1.jpg

live, laugh, love :jumping:

#17 becky213

becky213

Accepted Immigrant

• Out Of Town
  • 206 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Jessica mentioned on the DQMW 20th yr broadcast that she has her degree in Psychology from University of California, Irvine, and she plans to get her Masters in the same thing. Pretty cool that she went on to study something and reach a high level in it, and be so professional. Also, her course of study is very similar to mine, Sociology. Just thought I'd share for anyone who missed it, or missed the bit where Jessica spoke ( which was not very often). I did really want to hear her so I made sure I stayed until I heard from her. She is an inspiration to me because she's the closest to my age out of everyone in the cast. It's nice to see how she didn't just rely on the roles she had as a teen but wanted to study something and finished it, which as I'm finding out, finishing a degree is not so easy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users