Photo
- - - - -

INSP - DQ totally out of order. Never mind?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ella

Ella

Café Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,687 posts
  • 154 topics

Current mood: Brooding

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I was just checking out INSP (we have a new member, who mentioned that she discovered it via INSP, some other members also mentioned this channel now and then and I've had too much time, and so... :whistle:   :D)

At first I was a bit confused and I was questioning my own memory when I read the DQ-schedule, since I haven't seen an episode in quite a while, but I certainly knew that for example Seven Kinds of Lonely came loooooong after If you love Someone and Tine Star came before Fear itself and .... Long story short: I noticed that the series is completely out of order and there are a lof of episodes missing in between, what doesn't matter actually since it's out of order anyway.  imok

It's a DQ-puzzle what they show on ISPN. You have to put the pieces into the right order yourself and there might be holes in the picture in the end. Never mind?

Well, I confess I mind. It might be okay for people who know the series inside out and just want to enjoy some of the old episodes, but it bugs me to imagine that new fans will never get the full 'art' of Dr Quinn, or the full depth or whatever you want to call it.

The order - no matter if there are certain consistency issues in the scripts (we all know them ;)) - is important. There is a development concerning characters, relationships, storylines. We wouldn't be able to discuss all this if it didn't matter. And - more important - the series would be what it became if it didn't matter. 

I wonder why it is not possible for a channel to respect the structure of a series, but to just see it as single episodes which have nothing to do with each other. 

Of course you can say: the main thing is that Dr. Quinn still exists on TV, but for me this way to present the show doesn't show appreciation in the least but is only for the purpose to fill the schedule. 

People, watch the DVDs! It's worth to see the full monty of Dr. Quinn. ;)  

Of, course that's just my opinion. Any other is welcome. I have the tomatoes ready. LOL :D (Just kidding, juuuuuuuust kidding)

Posted Image

#2 JenL

JenL

Mrs. Lawson

• Advanced Members
  • 970 posts
  • 28 topics
  • LocationU.S.A.

Current mood: Busy

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

I absolutely agree.  Not only does ISPN show them out of order, but they also edit out things they deem inappropriate.  NOT ok.   :offended:

williambannersmall_zps892eef03.jpg

My Hank Lawson fansite: http://hanklawson.blogspot.com

#3 bratling13

bratling13

Immigrant

• Advanced Members
  • 130 posts
  • 4 topics
  • LocationSomewhere in the boondocks of Georgia

Current mood: Creative

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Not only that, but it's shown three times a day, and each time is a different season.  Which is why I turned to You Tube and watched everything from the beginning--pixilated video, out of sync sound and all!

"And we shall exist by amusing ourselves, by dreaming of monstrous loves and fantastic universes, by complaining and quarreling with the pretenses of the world..."

--Arthur Rimbaud "The Flash of Lightning"

#4 Sylvialily1

Sylvialily1

VIP-Townie

• Advanced Members
  • 865 posts
  • 27 topics
  • LocationNorthern Arizona

Current mood: Cloud 9

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Its very disheartening to turn on DQ on INSP and see it all out of order. I complained once to INSP and they said they had nothing to do with what order the series was in. I find that hard to believe as they seem to show other old series in their right order. I, too watch the DVDs more often than tune into the show on INSP unless I am not home and have to watch INSP. Once they showed the same epi three times. Its not well organized at all. Thank God for the DVDS.

Where are those tomatoes??!!?@#!

#5 bratling13

bratling13

Immigrant

• Advanced Members
  • 130 posts
  • 4 topics

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

What's really interesting is that you can tell that they've cut scenes because they're "choppy"  for lack of a better word.  They end really abruptly, like there should be more.  Happens a lot in Mothers and Daughters.

"And we shall exist by amusing ourselves, by dreaming of monstrous loves and fantastic universes, by complaining and quarreling with the pretenses of the world..."

#6 Key-Tee

Key-Tee

Town's Storyteller

• Advanced Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • 13 topics
  • LocationWroclaw

Current mood: Bookworm

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

Sylvia - here you can use some of this: :getstomatoes: :getstomatoes: :getstomatoes:

graces_quiz_banner_2013_key-tee_1.jpg

live, laugh, love :jumping:

#7 Preston-Hank Fan Club

Preston-Hank Fan Club

Immigrant

• Advanced Members
  • 105 posts
  • 24 topics

Current mood: Fine

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

You can go to amazon.com and buy the whole series. I did five years ago and love love watching unedited shows from season one to the last season. It was my remedy to dodging tv c hannels doing that these guys your talking about are doing. It was worth the money.

preston+banner23.jpg
          Preston Forever!! :Hearts:  :Hearts: 

#8 Kruemi

Kruemi

Town's Gumshoe

• Moderators
  • 6,834 posts
  • 161 topics
  • LocationLützen

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well, I confess I mind. It might be okay for people who know the series inside out and just want to enjoy some of the old episodes, but it bugs me to imagine that new fans will never get the full 'art' of Dr Quinn, or the full depth or whatever you want to call it.

I absolutely agree :accord: . It's the same as if they have a book and put the pages together in a random order - this way you will never get the whole picture.

Love all, trust few, do wrong to none. - Shakespeare

#9 MikeandSullyfan

MikeandSullyfan

VIP-Townie

• Advanced Members
  • 929 posts
  • 11 topics

Current mood: Fine

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

I don't have the INSP channel...sigh...my little town doesn't offer so many of my favorite channels as i got back in California. Thankfully, I was able to buy the whole series a couple of years ago. The first few times I watched them I just bounced through all my favorite episodes...

Not too long ago, I completed a whole watch through of every episode and both of the movies, and I'm glad I did, because I realized I missed so many 'moments' between Mike and Sully and the other characters.

Old West Waystation Forum:Dedicated to The Young Riders, Magnificent Seven, and Dr.Quinn
http://z8.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx

#10 Key-Tee

Key-Tee

Town's Storyteller

• Advanced Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • 13 topics
  • LocationWroclaw

Current mood: Bookworm

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

If you don't own DVD's - you can watch it on YouTube also :)

graces_quiz_banner_2013_key-tee_1.jpg

live, laugh, love :jumping:

#11 bratling13

bratling13

Immigrant

• Advanced Members
  • 130 posts
  • 4 topics

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

That's what I've done.  Or free tv .com has most of the episodes, too. 

#12 JenL

JenL

Mrs. Lawson

• Advanced Members
  • 970 posts
  • 28 topics
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

That's what I've done.  Or free tv .com has most of the episodes, too. 

Really? I just checked tv dot com, and it appears they have season 1 available, but nothing more.  I was just curious because I have friends who would like to watch the show, but don't have the funds to spring for the dvds right now.  I own them and find them worth it, but I understand some people new to the series not feeling the same.  

williambannersmall_zps892eef03.jpg

My Hank Lawson fansite: http://hanklawson.blogspot.com

#13 bratling13

bratling13

Immigrant

• Advanced Members
  • 130 posts
  • 4 topics

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

http://www.free-tv-v...oman/index.html

Try that.  I want the DVDs, but I just don't have the money right now.  So instead, You Tube and free TV are my friends....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users