#1 sonjiav

sonjiav

Tourist

• Advanced Members
  • 32 posts
  • 2 topics

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

The Shawls that the ladies wore in this show were above beautiful. I was just wondering in someone actually made them for the show or they were purchased. Shawls seem to be working their way back into our fashion world or maybe I am just getting older LOL. Anyway some patterns would be nice to find too. Any ideas???

#2 KatesSully

KatesSully

Advanced Guest

• Advanced Members
  • 69 posts
  • 4 topics
  • LocationDallas by the way of Cajun Country

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

I loved the shawl's too. My favorite was the one Michaela always wore after she and Sully were married. It was cream and teal blue/green. I wonder if that was Jane's personal shawl. I can imagine it's in her personal collection.

#3 sonjiav

sonjiav

Tourist

• Advanced Members
  • 32 posts
  • 2 topics

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

I amsure if she liked it it is in her 'Dr. Quinn closet' shehas in her home. LOL

#4 MikeandSullyfan

MikeandSullyfan

VIP-Townie

• Advanced Members
  • 929 posts
  • 11 topics

Current mood: Fine

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

That is a very good question. The shawls were really beautiful, along with most of Michaela's 'Boston' attire, and other special evening wear worn by the ladies in the various episodes, whether in Boston or Colorado Springs.

Old West Waystation Forum:Dedicated to The Young Riders, Magnificent Seven, and Dr.Quinn
http://z8.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx

#5 becky213

becky213

Accepted Immigrant

• Advanced Members
  • 206 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationAlabama

Current mood: Sick

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE SHAWLS and crocheting them!!!

I like to find some in the show and find the most similar pattern and yarn and make little DQ replicas.. or as much like a replica as I can.

The Shawls that the ladies wore in this show were above beautiful. I was just wondering in someone actually made them for the show or they were purchased. Shawls seem to be working their way back into our fashion world or maybe I am just getting older LOL. Anyway some patterns would be nice to find too. Any ideas???

try ravelry.com, they have tons of patterns,

depending on what you do, knit.. crochet.. you can refine the results depending on what you do.

I normally type in "shell shawl" or "pineapple shawl" and they wear a lot of shawls that are a "mesh" pattern, Jessica's Colleen wears a cream one and jane wears a teal one. Also, Jane wears a LONG teal shell shawl, but I had a hard time finding one like that one.

What is this cream and teal one we're talking about? what episodes?

I also have a fascination with the little bags they carried, for coins, and things like that, the reticules.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users